huhtikuu 16, 2024, 22:39:44 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

DIY Aero Farm

Aloittaja AlexChupetinho, marraskuu 24, 2010, 23:32:15 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

AlexChupetinho

marraskuu 24, 2010, 23:32:15 ip Viimeisin muokkaus: marraskuu 26, 2010, 02:03:23 ap käyttäjältä AlexChupetinho
Hello,

this is my new system: Aero Farm using sprinklers.
All you need is a pot & saucer, the same pot & saucer you can see in my older topic DIY Water Farm (http://chilifoorumi.fi/index.php?topic=6779.0),
an aquarium water pump (5 to 8 W))
and the following pieces:

buy as replacement part (without can, etc.)we need only the capsprinkler
screw tube (for bulb fitting)elbow (the hole must be enlarged to 10mm)all together

And now, everything 2 times; install the sprinklers in the pot using 2 screws for each and connect them with the aquarium
water pump, usind hoses and a "T" fitting.

AlexChupetinho

Here's a detail

(to be continued)

Abloy

That looks awesome! How much was the total cost of all parts, and how much noise does that aero farm make? If it's cheap and quiet, I might build one too.

AlexChupetinho

marraskuu 26, 2010, 01:41:32 ap #3 Viimeisin muokkaus: tammikuu 22, 2011, 15:01:46 ip käyttäjältä AlexChupetinho
Lainaus käyttäjältä: Abloy - marraskuu 25, 2010, 01:19:45 ap
That looks awesome! How much was the total cost of all parts, and how much noise does that aero farm make? If it's cheap and quiet, I might build one too.

Hi Abloy,

the costs will be about 40 euros (timer is not included).

The pump is immersed in the solution and doesn't make to much noise. A bit noisy are the sprinklers, because they sprinkle the solution against the pot, too. OK, I would say, the noise is supportable. But the watering is not continous (I think it will be enough 1 minute every hour during light period). I have a timer now which has the shortest interval 15 minutes, which ist to long, I gues. I intend to procure (or build) a timer which alows 1 minute intervals (but until now I didn't find such timer). Any ideas?

(anyway, I will continue my presentation in a few days)

--

Ryhis

https://horinablogi.blogspot.com/<br /><br />Rohkeus lähtee vatsasta, muu on pelkkää vimmaa.<br /><br />
Lainaus käyttäjältä: mohla"Kokoamisohjehan on vain valmistajan mielipide asiasta ja kaikki mielipiteet eivät ole yhtä arvokkaita kuin toiset
<br><br>https://twitter.com/Yrtithepreaa

masaiman

marraskuu 26, 2010, 21:24:46 ip #5 Viimeisin muokkaus: marraskuu 26, 2010, 21:26:43 ip käyttäjältä mattson
Nice looking gadget u got there. It`s always fun to see what other home made inventors have came up with ordinary household parts. I have to say that after all those fogger-rigs I have seen I would never have thought of sprinklers myself. One thing that popped to my eye though, was that u haven`t been using rust-free parts in a constantly wet assembly. That might prove to be problematic in respects of rust and oxidation-related jams in the long term. Not to mention stuff that dissolves into the water and might clog the sprayers. Still a good concept that is definedly worth further development.

Where have u purchased those sprinklers/what was their originally intended use? I can`t remember ever seeing such small ones in Finland.

Miksaa

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville
"Puhdas kapsaisiini saattaa olla huonoa vatsalle." :D

AlexChupetinho

marraskuu 27, 2010, 09:57:33 ap #7 Viimeisin muokkaus: marraskuu 27, 2010, 10:08:04 ap käyttäjältä AlexChupetinho
Hi mattson,

I first used Gardena sprinklers (1 pair - 3,60 euros) (the link from Miksa73 ist right).

But then I've found sprinklers "Antelco-Australia" in a small growshop in Cologne. I've bought 5 pairs (15 euros).
Look here: http://www.antelco.com/uk/sprinklers/rotorspray.html
The Antelco sprinklers seem to work a bit more silent as Gardena ones, but I didn't find an internet shop until now to order them online.

You're right concerning rust-free parts. I thought these tubes are made of some aluminium alloy as I buyed them (they feel like aluminium), but it obviously isn't so  :(
Regarding the elbows: I will buy some made of stainless steel by now. They cost the double but they are worth.
--

AlexChupetinho

tammikuu 06, 2011, 00:13:39 ap #8 Viimeisin muokkaus: tammikuu 06, 2011, 00:16:18 ap käyttäjältä AlexChupetinho
Hi all, I'm back with some details about the pot:

Costs for my Aerofarm:

Pot...................10 eur
2 Sprinklers........  3 eur
Gardena fitting...  6 eur
Elbows..............  2 eur
Pump................  8 eur
Saucer..............  3 eur
2 Screw tubes....  4 eur
2 Caps..............  1 eur
Hoses, etc. .......  2 eur

-------------------------------------------------
Total (about)...... 39 eur

And now the results: I had a Habanero which was grown in soil and didn't bring to much pods. So I've cut it and set it in the aerofarm.

day 0day 11day 17day 34

day 70day 92day 105day 105 (roots)

The harvest was good:

(to be continued)

Mayloa

Woo looks like you managed to get yourself a decent harvest there after a bit of work(with building the rig and all). Always nice seeing DIY projects :)

AlexChupetinho

tammikuu 19, 2011, 21:30:16 ip #10 Viimeisin muokkaus: tammikuu 19, 2011, 21:55:26 ip käyttäjältä AlexChupetinho
And now some of the results of this AeroFarm:

Black Peru

Fatalii

After harvesting the Fatalii plant, I cut it an let it vegetate again:

The daily growth ist quite visible!

Hot Paper Lantern

Yommy

After harvesting, the plant just produced a new generation of pods:

Finally some harvest pics:

Habanero and Hot Paper LanternHabanero and Hot Paper LanternHabanero and Fatalii

Habanero, Black Peru and FataliiHabanero, Yommy and ApacheNumex Txilight

Black PeruHot Paper LanternYommy

My conclusion: this system works very good, I can recommend it!

-- the end --