Pikniktapaaminen Helsingissä kesällä?

Aloittaja Lumia, toukokuu 30, 2007, 11:25:49 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

Aji Inferno

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Tupakka"
Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Aji Inferno"
Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Tupakka"So maybe it would be safest to list that Ulupica under C.sp...

And a surprisingly good photo of me this time. They tend to usually fail.

It's not capsicum sp. That would mean an unknown species. This one is known. It is basically a c.eximium x c.pubescens. Whether a natural crossing or man-made, that is unknown...

Ok.. I think I got it now. So it CERTAINLY is a crossing? And I should use c.eximium instead of cardenasii?

Depends who you ask. ;)  Prof. A.T.Hunziker sees that there is only c.eximium (and c.cardenasii is just a synonym to that). I've chosen to follow that practice, since Hunziker was very probably the top capsicum scientist in the world. Other people may disagree...

Also, "Rocopica" certainly *was* a crossing - but so have been many other peppers, even some that we call individual species today.

The problem is here: whereas you can't (I think) cross things to produce c.chinense or c.frutescens as they are today, you can cross c.eximium and c.pubescens anytime to get something like Rocopica. And still, it's not only possible but also extremely likely that there *are* also established, practically wild forms of these very same crossings growing wild or semi-wild in Bolivia!

So, we can all decide about anything we like - because nobody knows the truth for sure, at least not yet...  8)