toukokuu 13, 2024, 13:42:50 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

How many flood cycles per day?

Aloittaja Jibby, marraskuu 22, 2010, 16:09:09 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

Jibby

Hi All,

Just built a basic ebb & flood table from a black plastic tub, and some plastic fittings.

I have 2 Nagas growing in it now, in hydroton clay rocks.  Started them in small pieces of a rockwool cube (small cube cut in half then quartered), and dropped them into the E/F system when they showed a little roots from the bottom of cubes( about 1 inch tall seedlings).

They look healthy so far with PH @ 6.0, using GH nutes @ lowest mixture(as per label)... BUT, they seem to be growing very slowwww.  Healthy colour, and tight nodes, but miniature looking.  Am I flooding too often and maybe stunting their growth?  I'm flooding every 2 hrs under 250w MH currently. 

I'll post a photo if that would help.  ...thanks in advance for advice!

KJ

CyberDog

I would reduce the flood cycle for once in four ours. But it depends so many things... Usually it takes some time that plant start growing after re-pot because its grows roots first.

Jibby

I set it to once every 6 hrs this morning, then checked on them just before the next cycle(5.5 hrs). 

Pushed my finger down into the clay rocks to see if there was still moisture there... which there is, about a couple inches down.  Plants look alright, but did notice a slight curl upwards on one of the bigger leaves.  Think I will raise the light a couple inches and reset to every 4 hrs as you recommend.  Thanks

CyberDog

what kind of light cycle you have? Those upcurl leafes can also be from heavy nutrient mix. But it's also typical to many varieties. And normally is not very concerning. Smaller plant's do that often.

Jibby

Light is on 18 hrs.  Nutes are mixed at the lowest mixture (for seedlings) on GH labels.  I don't have a ppm meter... just looking at them on ebay a few minutes ago... will order one soon.

I did lower the light a few inches, the day before, trying to get it as close as the plants would like it.  Small fan pointed at light nearby too, but maybe just a bit too close for comfort, so I raised it a few inches back again.

I think they're looking healthy overall... and they are growing... maybe I just need to be more patient.
They've only been in the E/F tub less than 2 weeks.

(tried posting pix, but not accepted... don't know why... they were under max size limit.)

KJ

CyberDog

Ok. That sound good. For personally I have never given that long light. I keep on 16 hours. But don't know if there is a big difference... Nutes are probably ok. PPM meter is fun to have. Gives you good view on how fast the nutes go.

For the fotos. I think you have to upload them on some imagehost and then link to here.