huhtikuu 19, 2024, 23:11:53 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

My first DIY Grow BOX / Green house

Aloittaja rekid, tammikuu 24, 2014, 14:01:41 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

turbare

This is awesome, I'll keep track of this! :)
By the way, where are you from? Those clay balls looked very familiar.

Toby

^ Whoa your avatar is badass as hell.
Hoidan & kasvatan chiliä apinan raivolla.

rekid

Lainaus käyttäjältä: turbare - elokuu 09, 2014, 17:03:27 ip
This is awesome, I'll keep track of this! :)
By the way, where are you from? Those clay balls looked very familiar.

Hi! Thanks. :) I from Hungary. In Dunakeszi. (Near capital city of Hungary). I bought the clayballs in bauhaus.

The weather was horrible in the last week, it was a mini "tsunami". The peppers are in good condition.

Today:

Bhut Jolokia:

7pod /yellow:

Monster Naga:

Habanero:

Fatalii:

Congo Yellow:

turbare

Lovely! I got to say that your project, and your regular updates, keeping this always up to date is inspiring.
I was a bit put down by the fact that I just lost some white habanero's (trying to grow them in an apartment), but seeing yours growing so nicely put me back on track!

I'm just across the border in Romania, we have the same clay balls in most stores. Funny enough, I've seen them in a store chain named Baumax :)
Would you say that they like regular soil aka peat (tőzeg) more than the clay balls?

rekid

Lainaus käyttäjältä: turbare - elokuu 10, 2014, 00:17:02 ap
Lovely! I got to say that your project, and your regular updates, keeping this always up to date is inspiring.
I was a bit put down by the fact that I just lost some white habanero's (trying to grow them in an apartment), but seeing yours growing so nicely put me back on track!

I'm just across the border in Romania, we have the same clay balls in most stores. Funny enough, I've seen them in a store chain named Baumax :)
Would you say that they like regular soil aka peat (tőzeg) more than the clay balls?

Hi neighbor! :)

Never give up. :) If you grow up your plants indoor you have to give a lot of light. (for example by CFL).
Soil: Roots like loose soil. So, in my case i used a premixed medium. Soil + coil + perlit and i added a many clay balls -handful / pot -.
This things will be mixed by my hand in the next year. This solution is cheaper than premixed.

turbare

Good to know, I made a similar mix, perlite with clay balls, orchid mix for the fir bark, and some regular peat, seemed to be happy until I messed with the roots. New seeds on the way though so we'll see what happens.

rekid

Hmm, the ph of orchid soil is lower than optimum. (orchid: 4,8 - 5,5 , optimum in pepper case: 6-6,5). But, just my idea, and the ph is change.

turbare

elokuu 10, 2014, 14:12:10 ip #47 Viimeisin muokkaus: elokuu 10, 2014, 16:20:29 ip käyttäjältä turbare
Hmm, that could be a cause. Is there any way to increase the PH without changing the soil? To be honest they were doing fine until I messed with the roots, I was trying to get them to fuse stems, didn't work, so wanted to cut them loose. Bad idea to mess with the roots though.

rekid

Lainaus käyttäjältä: turbare - elokuu 10, 2014, 14:12:10 ip
Hmm, that could be a cause. Is there any way to increase the PH without changing the soil? To be honest they were doing fine until I messed with the roots, I was trying to get them to fuse stems, didn't work, so wanted to cut them loose. Bad idea to mess with the roots though.

PH is a little bit hard topic. If you have a hydro system you would be easy to do. (You can buy ph upper and lower liquids in the grow shops.) Soil is different. Maybe, with added wood ash and whitewash but i have never tried before. Look around in the soil topics. 

Yesterday:

rekid

elokuu 23, 2014, 18:23:04 ip #49 Viimeisin muokkaus: elokuu 23, 2014, 21:11:17 ip käyttäjältä rekid
Update:

Bhut Jolokia:

Bishop's:

7 Pod/Yellow:

Monster Naga:

Habanero:

Fatalii:

Little harvest:

Toby

You're lucky to have so many pods of eatable chili! :)

rekid

Yes I'm  :) I have never thought this quantity. But the weather was horrible in last two weeks with lot of rain and wind. Many pods are rotting but not too bad. Just 2-3 really hot weeks (>30°C) were in Hungary in this summer. So i'm satisfied.
We will start in a chili beauty contest in september :)) (Just for fun :) )

rekid

Today:

Bhut Jolokia:

Habanero:

Bishop's:

rekid

Update:

There was 14-20 °C in this week....  :(

Jolokia:

7pod / Yellow:

Monster Naga:

"Green" habanero:

Fatalii:

Congo:

I made a little bit hot souce by my another passion:

rekid

It's raining, it's raining, it's raining... like London.  >:(
I have an emergency evacuation plan for chilis because the water is coming:

turbare

Hope it dries off soon, we had our share of heavy rain as well. Be safe mate.

Toby

rekid

Update:

I made a yellow cream from Congo Yellow és Fatalii. :) (1kg from 3-4 plant)

Congo Yellow:

Fatlaii:

Monster naga:

Bhut Jolokia:

Yellows:

Toby

Your yard is HUGE! :o
Looks like a really nice place to grow some "dessert".