maaliskuu 28, 2024, 10:15:49 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

7 pod problems

Aloittaja Chilli Mad, syyskuu 22, 2008, 16:21:02 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

Chilli Mad

Hi all, this is my first post! I'm glad I found this great site.

I wonder if any of you chili experts can help me, 2 of my 7 pod plants in the ground seem to have problems, can you identify what's up with them!?

Hope you can help
Thanks in advance

lee

That looks nasty , I would say nutrient problem but the real experts on this will know the problem definately.

lee
http://www.WildChilli.EU/picture-gallery
Don't play with fire, but play with Wild Chilli's

Bermann_7

My habanero had something like that, and it was caused by excessive direct sun radiation. meaning, I left it on the table, where sun shines directly the whole day. Chinenses don't usually like that. what is more, my haba was wery young, so it was very vulnerable. Didn't die, though  :wink:
So it goes.
-KV

Aji Ungreat

My two Starfishes do that all the time - and that's not becouse the nutrients.
 Becouse when i moved them to a place that gets more sunlight, they started to do it much faster. Right now they don't do it so much. They have growt their "resistance" to the bare sunlight.
And also, i barely give them any nutrients. Im so lazy to go downstairs and make some nutrientmix. I always just get some water in a glass from bathroom and give it to them.

So i would say that it's the sun. You can help to protect the plant(s) with veil* for some time. (* = not sure if that's the right word)
Jossei viina, sauna ja kitara auta, on tauti kuolemaksi.

Chilli Mad

Thanks all, I'm sure now that it's a disease, the pods are even effected   :cry: thanks for the replies, I have one left in a pot, I'm going to mother it!

Bermann_7

How are the pods affected?  

My chilies suffered from too much direct sunlight in the summer also. The leaves were like the ones in your pictures, but also, the pods blackened. It turned out that was nothing to worry about, just extra-hot pods  :D

With leaves it can be quite a nuisance, but rarely fatal anyway.

I'm telling you this because diseases are VERY rare in chilies, and especially so in chinense-varieties. Of course, if youre unlucky, you might have some germ messing your plants up.
So it goes.
-KV