huhtikuu 18, 2024, 06:44:28 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Questions from a newbee

Aloittaja Chriscal, elokuu 23, 2010, 11:20:48 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

Chriscal

Hello,
First of all, please excuse my bad English, I am Belgian french-speaking guy and not gifted for the languages (I can read easily, but when I have to write...).
I passed by a machine translation, therefore if something seems to you odd, do not hesitate to ask  ;D.

I am newbee in the chili growing and, while following your examples, I launched out in the hydroponic (rockwool, Floramato and Floramicro, Flo Grow for the beginning of growth, CFL from 125W to 300W and soon EBB & Flood).

I have several questions for which I didn't found information, neither in your references, nor on the Net.

I do not seek to reach records, I would simply like to have various chili seedlings of normal size which produce fruits for my own consumption, therefore not of large production.

Under these conditions, do you think that, for a EBB & Flood, square pots of 13 cm are sufficient? Is it better to take pots of 15 cm?

You explained that when the chili mature it is better more not to give but water or possibly of very low dose of Floramato. If there is a seedling which continues to flower because one picking often, how do advise you to feed it?

According to is your experiment, what a water content of 60%-70% can be dangerous in the growing place (the room in which I cultivate is a cellar!)?

What do you think of CFL lamps of 300W, believe you that they are sufficient for the phase of flowering/fructification?

Thank you in advance for your invaluable answers.
Christian