huhtikuu 18, 2024, 23:56:48 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Jack's chile pots

Aloittaja Jack, kesäkuu 03, 2006, 13:43:38 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

Jack

Hello dear friends!

I'm new here and really haven't had enough time to go through the topics on the board so please, forgive me if my questions are a bit lame.

I should first say I've never tried to grow chiles before. I had two seeds planted some time ago in soil. They've grown like 40cm or so so far and starting to get nice white little flowes. We're so excited with me girl!  :)  The seeds came from a supermarket chili so I guess my grow isn't of any value or interest to local experts but it is sure a start to me  :wink:  I think they look fine, fed 100% organic.

My question is: do I need to help them polinating like sunflower or anything or I just sit down and wait for the harvest day? Also, hear it makes a good house plant after harvest - is that so?

Here's a couple of pics I made with my camcorder (please forgive for the low quality) Do they look fine to you? Thanks in advance and I have to say I really like Finland and finns seem to be very cool and interesting, sometimes strange ppl ;) Peace!

Sauli Särkkä

Fine looking plant, Jack! :) - and welcome aboard.

As for pollination, some varieties need assistance in the form of a soft brush or Q-tip dabbed from one flower to the next. In general, there is no harm in assisting in pollination, even if the plant can self-pollinate independently.

-Sale
Sauli Särkkä

Jack

Thank you SarkkaS! I'll let you know how it goes. Think I'm gonna repot them into bigger pots.