huhtikuu 16, 2024, 06:55:49 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Cold Wind or Disease?

Aloittaja scion, maaliskuu 26, 2013, 14:45:07 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

scion

maaliskuu 26, 2013, 14:45:07 ip Viimeisin muokkaus: maaliskuu 26, 2013, 21:19:17 ip käyttäjältä scion
Hi

Since last few days we got sunshine but still the freezing cold wind is not yet disappear.

To strengthen (hardened off) the plants I put the plants outside the sunshine for few hours everyday. Some of them got obvious sign of stress such as wilt. Today I found many of my plants are like this one:

Is it the cold wind of a kind of disease?

I am requesting your advice.

Regards,
Scion

-V-

That's sunburn. Chiles grown inside (under a grow light or behind a window) need some time to get used to direct sunlight. Shade cloth will help with that (some types also protect agaist cold). Or you could place the plants in a shady spot.

scion

maaliskuu 26, 2013, 20:11:39 ip #2 Viimeisin muokkaus: maaliskuu 26, 2013, 21:22:27 ip käyttäjältä scion
Hi -V-,

Thank you again for the information and advice.

I have grown them inside, time to time they got sunlight through the windowsill and grow light so I thought it will be ok, now I realized that I was wrong. I have exposed them to full sunlight :(.

Sunburn  :o a very useful lesson for me.

This is my first season/time I have grown hot chilies, so everything is so complicated for me. :( 

What should I do with all these injured plants? Should I wait for the new leaves? Should I replace them with new plants? Are they still have potential to grow healthy?

I have many plants still now. These sunburned plants were the best among my seedlings. Taking care of sick plants consumes a lot of time and stress for me. So I am requesting for help and advice.

Regards,

Scion

scion

Updates:

Do I have any hope of the plant like this one  :-\

Can I hardened off the plants by covering the plants with a thin plastic bag like this (full sunlight):

Rocoto De Seda

Regards,

Scion

-V-

Lainaus käyttäjältä: scion - maaliskuu 27, 2013, 12:06:52 ip
Do I have any hope of the plant like this one  :-\

Maybe. Those leaves are all done but it just might recover and grow more.

Lainaus
Can I hardened off the plants by covering the plants with a thin plastic bag like this (full sunlight):

I believe that's way too translucent. You can find a picture of proper shade cloth here under "Step four: Hardening-off the plants" along with instructions.

Lainaus
What should I do with all these injured plants? Should I wait for the new leaves? Should I replace them with new plants? Are they still have potential to grow healthy?

Yes to all. I would keep them to see if they recover, but have replacements ready.

scion

Hi -V-,

Thank you for the reply and the link.

Regards,

Scion