huhtikuu 16, 2024, 21:13:52 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Overwinter Question

Aloittaja scion, elokuu 18, 2013, 23:54:08 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

scion

Hi chili lovers,

Is it possible to keep this plant without overwinter, indoor with grow light. Not only to keep this plant alive, I am thinking about productivity too just like outdoor. I started this plant from seed indoor this season and it has been outdoor many months now.

Another questions is, is it possible over winter multiple plants in one big container?

Thanks in advance.

Scion

PP

Yes, it's possible to keep the plant producing pods through the winter but you will need A LOT of light and good conditions also otherwise. Even then it may not be easy.

Overwintering many plants in one container should not be a problem when you have enough space for each. How much is enough depends very much on plant species and conditions.

scion

PP, thank you for the reply.

How many hours should I provide lights for one plant?

For overwinter plants are Scorpion, Ghost, Fatali, 7Pod, Rocoto and Snow White they are very big plants.

Scion

PP

Lainaus käyttäjältä: scion - elokuu 19, 2013, 01:01:37 ap
How many hours should I provide lights for one plant?

How much and what kind of lights do you have? Fourteen hours/day is common and works well but less or more is also possible. For six big plants you'll need at least two powerful lamps.

LainausFor overwinter plants are Scorpion, Ghost, Fatali, 7Pod, Rocoto and Snow White they are very big plants.

I think you should use at least 10 liters of soil for each plant if you want them to grow and produce well during the winter.

scion

Hi PP, thank you for the reply. I have the following grow lights:

1. One piece 36W LED grow lights
2. Five pieces 10W LED grow lights
3. One piece 24W T5 6400K
4. Two pieces 36W FSL 6400K

I have read about overwinter plants but I never read about the quantity of the soil, last year I lost all the overwinter plants. I watched some video of overwinter and then I did. Thank you again for this awesome information.

Scion

Toby

The most important rule of overwintering plants is to make the conditions (heat, water, minerals, light) to be Summerish/Summer-like as much as possible.
Hoidan & kasvatan chiliä apinan raivolla.

scion

Hi Toby, thank you for the advice. I will do all my best.

Scion

PP

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Toby - elokuu 19, 2013, 22:25:26 ip
The most important rule of overwintering plants is to make the conditions (heat, water, minerals, light) to be Summerish/Summer-like as much as possible.

That totally true. Heat, water and minerals are easy to keep good, but summer-like light will require kilowatts of power.

Scion: The lights you have are enough for keeping the plants alive and grow, but for producing a significant amount of pods, you will need more.

Feint

The conditions should be similar to those during summer IF you can provide the plants with enough light and warmth. Otherwise you should keep them dry-ish and use fertilizers rarely or not at all. Powerful lamps are the only option(depends on your location obviously) but not quite worth it in terms of cost/result ratio.

scion

Hi, thank you all for all of your inputs. I would like to keep two of them to produce some pods and the rest are for overwinter (10 liter soil for one plant, keep them almost dry and less fertilizer).

I am very glad to get all these information  :) .

Scion