toukokuu 04, 2024, 07:44:49 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

My first experiences with chiles

Aloittaja donveli, helmikuu 24, 2010, 15:21:36 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

donveli

Hey!

How do you think my first chiles look? I've had these c.annuums growing for few weeks now and had some bugs already. I sprayed them with raid couple times and now im watching the situation. should i remove that worst looking leaf? any other tips to give me?

Thanks.

http://yfrog.com/9himg4011cropj
http://yfrog.com/j5img4009cropj

TunturiTiger

I´m NOT an expert but i think you have a slighty problem. First there might be insects on your plants and soil. Second you should separete those plants.

Wellcome to chileheads team anyway!  ;D

donveli

obviously yes i have insects and i've been toxin them as i said. should i cut that bad leaf or will it come along? i haven't repotted these yet cause they are still so small but if the team says so, will pot them. i was thinking to let them grow couple cm more and then pot them into a bigger one's alone.

TunturiTiger

Lainaus käyttäjältä: donveli - helmikuu 24, 2010, 17:05:27 ip
obviously yes i have insects and i've been toxin them as i said. should i cut that bad leaf or will it come along? i haven't repotted these yet cause they are still so small but if the team says so, will pot them. i was thinking to let them grow couple cm more and then pot them into a bigger one's alone.

You don´t have to cut those leafs. Leafs drops by them self. If you don´t separate those plants roots will grow together.

ottulo

Whether to snip that leaf off, it's up to you. It will drop off by itself too, if the plant thinks it should.
Remember that even small plants may have quite a lot of roots under the soil. The more you let them grow the more roots there will be, and separating them from each other can be a lot of trouble. I suggest repotting them as soon as you can, and if you have insects, use some well desinfected soil when repotting. Some people heat the soil up in the oven for a while, some run boiling water through it. Whatever seems fit for you, just let the soil cool down enough before using it. Remember also to wash as much of the old soil away from the roots when repotting, so that the insects won't contaminate the new soil instantly. And be sure not to use too fertile soil... the type made for cactuses often works in the beginning, and later on you can just use fertilizer along the water.

E: Pretty much the same as the previous post, just more lenghty. :P

donveli

Ok thanks for the tips. I just got them repotted, the biggest one was the only which had developed some roots.
Let's see how my new hobby continues or will it end sooner that i was thinking...