maaliskuu 29, 2024, 06:33:42 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Capsicum pubescens "rocoto"

Aloittaja Jennakuu, joulukuu 12, 2015, 16:27:16 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

Jennakuu

Moi!
Anteeks, mutta mä en puhu hyvin suomea vielä, mutta haluan kysyä onko totta että "rocoto" tarvitse vähän valo ja vähän lämmin kuin muut lajikkeet? Rocotot on ussi juttu minulle. Kiitos !

* is it true that the rocoto variety needs less heat and direct sunlight compared to other varieties to grow properly?*
Cali pepper

Trioniska

Hi, Pubet (nick name of Pubenses group) need good amount of sun/ light but not so much of heat as Chinenses.

Pubet are their best when there is lot of light and "cold" nights (like in Andie mountains). That in mind this summer was ok with a bit of sun and no heatwave...

Pubet are quite easy to grow when finnish summer is its "best" but also summer is too short for them. That is why fatalii.net http://fataliiseeds.net/search?query=pubescens rank them 2 (need of long season). So usually you need to take pubet somewhere to ripen before big harvest.

Niin ja pahoittelut ontuvasta englannista tekstissä ;)
Aloitteleva kasvattelija jolla mopo "voi" lähteä käsistä
http://chilimuistio.blogspot.fi/
Kaudet vuodesta 2014

Jennakuu

Aha okay! Good info to know, thanks! I ordered my first "pubet"... Lol yesterday and will start as soon as it arrives I have a grow light and an indoor and outdoor greenhouse so hopefully I can get something to harvest lol.

Sun englantia oli niin hyvin ja helpompi minulle ymmärtää, kiitti!
Cali pepper

ottulo

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Jennakuu - joulukuu 12, 2015, 20:05:44 ip
Aha okay! Good info to know, thanks! I ordered my first "pubet"...

Just to clarify, "pubet" is just a nickname many Finns use since it's shorter than pubescens, and because people have trouble remembering latin names correctly. I don't think most non-Finns would instantly know what you're talking about, especially with the plural T from Finnish at the end. That said, on this forum it should be safe to use "pubet" or "pubes" when writing in English.

Jennakuu

Right... Okay pubes then lol thanks luckily I'm growing other varieties as well.
Cali pepper

MiM

And "pubescens" stands for hairy (because they have hairy leafs), so your lol's are right at the point.  ::)
Viime vuodesta opin sen asian, ettei kannata aloittaa liian aikaisin ja ravinteita voi antaa myös vähemmänkin. 8)
-Chilijamppa-

Jennakuu

Was already very aware of that, can't wait to have people over so I can introduce them to my pubes I started growing this winter... Very interesting conversation that will be  :P
Cali pepper

MiM

Viime vuodesta opin sen asian, ettei kannata aloittaa liian aikaisin ja ravinteita voi antaa myös vähemmänkin. 8)
-Chilijamppa-