maaliskuu 28, 2024, 14:38:27 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

All indoor growroom

Aloittaja ChiliFan, maaliskuu 28, 2013, 18:58:27 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

ChiliFan

Hello!
First post on the forum and hopefully there will be lots more.

I am planning on building an Ebb & Flood growroom using only artificiall light, and could realy use some expertice.

What kind of lamps do I need for this?

Would also like to know what kind of varietys that would thrive in those conditions.
I want alot of pods that are tasty and beautifull =)

Any advice would be greatly apreciated!

bluesman

Whatever you do, don´t do it like I did;

Do not put too many plants in hydro, at least 1,5m space should be left for each plant, especially chinenses which tend to grow both height and width.  NFT is a very effective hydro system as well as others; ebb/flood and bubblers. NFT has shown me how it is possible to grow a chili from germination to pods and plant 1,50m tall in 25 days. The pics above are taken 9.3.13 and the green mass is at least double at the moment. Just waiting for a bit of warm breeze from the south to put the GH working.

The lamps I use are 4 x 400W HPS and one 600W HPS. One CFL 250W and two 90W LEDs. Depends on your needs and space to light and of course your budget what to use as light source.
To produce something I would choose NFT and a couple of HPS lamps + 120W LED combination.
The varieties are up to your own taste but Naga morich must be included.

ChiliFan

Wow those pics are crazy   :D

I am thinking of building a couple of theese: http://fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=69

how would that differ from an NFT system?

Thanks for the reply!

bluesman

Check the IKEA Trofast box set and Jewe´s diary http://chilifoorumi.fi/index.php?topic=12586.180 how to make an IKEA NFT.
Better and easier than ebb.

ChiliFan

Thank you!
Too bad its in finnish tho.

How is it better than an ebb system?

Macex

maaliskuu 29, 2013, 14:20:09 ip #5 Viimeisin muokkaus: maaliskuu 29, 2013, 14:22:27 ip käyttäjältä Macex
Lainaus käyttäjältä: ChiliFan - maaliskuu 29, 2013, 13:40:56 ip
Thank you!
Too bad its in finnish tho.

How is it better than an ebb system?

It might be or not.

The difference is that, the NFT is continually feeding the plants by pumping nutrient solution through the upper box. In the Ebb, you pump the nutrient solution to the upper box with timed schedule, like 4 times a day and 15min per one time.

So in NFT, the roots are constantly wet and ebb they may dry when there is lots of tempreture, but not so bad that plant would suffer for it.

OT: Sorry bad Engrish

Hallituksen jäsen 2011-2012, 2012-2013
Tampereen alajaoston puuhamies -2011-2012-2013-
Kuiva ja Naseva.

ChiliFan

Thank you!

I am leaning towards an ebb system becuse it looks so easy to maintain and move the plants if i need to.

Fredrik-flugarn

with an ebb you will be stuck with a heap of sucky hydro-pebbles to clean every now and then ;) 
-Last autumn really got me thinking of a "nutrients only" system. Limitations in space and money forces me to pipe-hydros this year...
Rehut ja revitetyt pelihousut, kasvatuspäiväkirja siis...
http://chilifoorumi.fi/index.php?topic=16281.0

ChiliFan

I will also be limited by space so any tips on that would be great aswell

ChiliFan

Another thing Im thinking aobut is if I need to move the plants when they get bigger, is it different depending on ebb or nft?
And what to do then they reach the ceiling?

bluesman

Lainaus käyttäjältä: ChiliFan - maaliskuu 29, 2013, 15:14:37 ip
Another thing Im thinking aobut is if I need to move the plants when they get bigger, is it different depending on ebb or nft?

You cut the ceiling of course.

ChiliFan

Lainaus käyttäjältä: bluesman - maaliskuu 29, 2013, 15:20:01 ip
Lainaus käyttäjältä: ChiliFan - maaliskuu 29, 2013, 15:14:37 ip

You cut the ceiling of course.

But ofcourse!