huhtikuu 19, 2024, 08:07:37 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Best Varieties for Outdoors

Aloittaja ronniedeb, marraskuu 18, 2011, 16:02:48 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

ronniedeb

Hi there. I need some advice as I prepare for next year's season. I have now due to my addiction accumulated seeds for 17 varieties of chili pepper

They are:
Aji Omnicolor
Aji Limon
Rocoto Yellow
Chenzo
Cheyenne
Cayenne
Red Scotch Bonnet
Fatalii
Jalapeno
Tabasco
Inferno
Thai Dragon
Padron
Frigitello
"Meek and Mild" Poblano
Dorset Naga
Tepin

Unfortunately I have only a small greenhouse of 8x6 foot. Does anyone have any advice as to which varieties from those above would grow better outdoors? I live on the West Coast of Ireland. Summer rarely gets above 20 Celsius, and has been Wet and Grey for the last 4 years or so.

Thank You

R.de B

PP

Lainaus käyttäjältä: ronniedeb - marraskuu 18, 2011, 16:02:48 ip
Unfortunately I have only a small greenhouse of 8x6 foot. Does anyone have any advice as to which varieties from those above would grow better outdoors? I live on the West Coast of Ireland. Summer rarely gets above 20 Celsius, and has been Wet and Grey for the last 4 years or so.

Thank You

R.de B

Wet and grey doesn't sound good for any chili, but of the common five chili species C. Pubescens varieties are usually considered to demand least light and heat.

ronniedeb

Hey. Thanks PP. We do get the odd glimpse of Sun, but sustained sunlight has been a rarity in recent years. Every year I still live in hope.

ronniedeb

Lihamestari

I grew my first chilies this summer and had great success with Aji Cristal! My balcony get direct sunshine only from 6-12 and it still gave me nice harvest! Jalapeno DRH 7400 produced some chlies too! :)
"My diet is like Atkins, but with the carbs." - BJ Penn

ronniedeb

Thanks Lihamestari. Appreciate the contribution.