huhtikuu 19, 2024, 00:07:16 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Pepper Mild Mottle Virus

Aloittaja macmanmatty, marraskuu 20, 2006, 18:43:54 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

macmanmatty

Well my USDA seeds finally came!! :)  Unfortunatly, according to the USDA they could all have mild mottle virus . :(

I have found out what it is and what it does but I am still confused. Have any of you here had to deal with problem in your seeds? What, if anything, did you do to your seeds? Will it speard from plant to plant as easily as they state? If one seed has it the rest in the pack will? The USDA says I should soak them in trisodium phosphate soultion for 3 hours and then wash them but it says It could reduce germenation rates. Have any of you saoked seeds in this before and if so, How badly did it reduce gremenation rates??
I'm just trying to figure out the best way to start and grow these possibly infected seeds.

Thanks

Macmanmatty

Aji Inferno

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "macmanmatty"Well my USDA seeds finally came!! :)  Unfortunatly, according to the USDA they could all have mild mottle virus . :(

I have found out what it is and what it does but I am still confused. Have any of you here had to deal with problem in your seeds? What, if anything, did you do to your seeds? Will it speard from plant to plant as easily as they state? If one seed has it the rest in the pack will? The USDA says I should soak them in trisodium phosphate soultion for 3 hours and then wash them but it says It could reduce germenation rates. Have any of you saoked seeds in this before and if so, How badly did it reduce gremenation rates??
I'm just trying to figure out the best way to start and grow these possibly infected seeds.

Thanks

Macmanmatty

Did USDA specifically warn you about that..? It's not something very common among the pepper growers - and I haven't (knocking on wood...) ever witnessed that disease (10 years of growing). In that sense, I'd try to germinate and grow the plants normally first - and if something strange occurs, then it's time to look for solutions...

Others?

macmanmatty

Yes, the they sent me a big long letter along with my seeds saying pepper mild mottle virus has been confirmed in some accessions and that they suggest that I treat them with a 10% Trisodium Phosphate solution. I just wondered if any one else has delt with this and suprised it is not more common considering how quickly it spreads and the number of hosts it has. I guess the best thing will be to keep them seperated treat half of each kind and let the rest go untreated getting the best of both worlds.

macmanmatty