huhtikuu 18, 2024, 05:35:43 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Ionisation

Aloittaja ChiliFan, huhtikuu 19, 2013, 00:18:20 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

ChiliFan

Hey chili people!

I have been searching the web for info on using ionisers in the indoor garden to make nicer air, but so far found very little.
The little I have read on the subject points to Ionised air being better for growth becuse it is more like the air outdoors.

Anyone know if this is true or why there is so little info about this?
If it increase grow speed by purifying the air, it would be a very simple and cheap boost  to get.

davve

Do you think that the plants care? The ionised basically puts a static electric charge on whatever small particles there is dangling in the air; dust etc. This means that the particles can be easier collected. But, consider that the places where plants grow outdoors, exposed to dust, sand, bird poo... all of it on their leaves. As long as you don't have such high content of dust in your indoor garden that the light does not reach the leaves (=>visible smog), I cannot see any benefit from an ioniser. Maybe for people with asthma or some other medical condition. I cannot even imagine that a plant originating from places where the chillies grow, could even care less is the air is "purified" or not.

scion

The subject is very interesting, this is the first time I heard. Theoretically I think it would be benefit to the plants. From unpolluted clean air, plants, animals and people gain benefit, we know that but for indoor chilli plants practically I do not know how much it can give benefit to the plants.

Davve explained very well, thanks.   

Regards,

Scion

ChiliFan

Yeah it makes sense.
Thanks guys