maaliskuu 29, 2024, 14:30:26 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Some ID help on S-A common varieties?

Aloittaja cornell, tammikuu 15, 2007, 00:43:05 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

cornell

I got some commercial seeds from Peru and Brazil and would be gratefull if someone would know:

Is Aji Escabeche (Peru) more or less same as Aji Amarillo? Thechileman.org had some totally different (red) variety in his database with this name and Inferno database has a yellow amarillo... According to the description on a seed packet the one I have gets orange when it ripens and is supposed to be very common in Peru... additionally package claims it to be Capsicum annum...

Then, is Chapeu De Bispo (Brazil) more or less same as Cambuci? I got both and got impression that they could be or CDB would be less pungent...

Thanks,
C
¨käynks mä usein täällä?¨

luca

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "cornell"Then, is Chapeu De Bispo (Brazil) more or less same as Cambuci? I got both and got impression that they could be or CDB would be less pungent...

Chapéu de Bispo, Chapéu de Frade, Cambucí, and a few other names, are the same variety.  They are not pungent or very mildly pungent in some rare cases.
Chile Forum in Portuguese:
http://www.pimentas.org/forum

cornell

Thanks Luca... I'll grow it in the next summer... It seems that there is also a hot version around with the same name (CDB)... or at least with same pod type...
¨käynks mä usein täällä?¨

Aji Inferno

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "cornell"Is Aji Escabeche (Peru) more or less same as Aji Amarillo? Thechileman.org had some totally different (red) variety in his database with this name and Inferno database has a yellow amarillo... According to the description on a seed packet the one I have gets orange when it ripens and is supposed to be very common in Peru... additionally package claims it to be Capsicum annum...

Aji Escabeche should be the same plant as Aji Amarillo or Aji Rojo (and many other names)... The basic "big, sweet, hot baccatum" of Peru. There is some variation in color etc, just like in Habaneros, for example.