toukokuu 14, 2024, 03:31:49 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

C.Flexuosum

Aloittaja Aji Inferno, heinäkuu 24, 2007, 00:27:27 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

Aji Inferno

This one puzzles me over and over again... So, now when I have two plants of different origin (PI-631154 & GRIF 15020), they are different in interesting ways.

1. Flower spots: bright green in one, golden brown in another
2. Berries: extremely sweet in one, but hardly sweet at all on another (!)
3. One produces lots of berries (sadly, no seed in them yet), another hardly at all.

Both look quite similar as plants, though, and both easily survived the -15C or below temperatures I accidentally put them through...

Interesting, indeed...

varg

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Aji Inferno - heinäkuu 24, 2007, 00:27:27 ap
Both look quite similar as plants, though, and both easily survived the -15C or below temperatures I accidentally put them through...

How long your plants were exposed for such low temperatures? Are they still alive?

Aji Inferno

For about one week. At lowest the temperature was -25C. The plants still live now, several years after the incident.

varg

kesäkuu 17, 2010, 15:21:58 ip #3 Viimeisin muokkaus: kesäkuu 17, 2010, 19:56:07 ip käyttäjältä varg
Lainaus käyttäjältä: Aji Inferno - kesäkuu 17, 2010, 15:14:18 ip
For about one week. At lowest the temperature was -25C. The plants still live now, several years after the incident.

It's fantastic!!! We need such tough chillis here in Russia!  ;) :)
Were they under snow/in a greenhouse or any other shelter when it was so cold?
P.S. Can you sell a couple of seeds of that plants? Or maybe 1-2 grafts? Does it root well or not?

lee

Some pics. Prolific plant but seems to be self-incompatible.

Remarkable are the waxy leaves.

They have a sweet taste with a nice heat!

http://www.WildChilli.EU/picture-gallery
Don't play with fire, but play with Wild Chilli's

lee

C.flexuosum flower backside. Petals showing purple-ish spots.. Noticed it last week, before there weren't any purple spots on the petals.

http://www.WildChilli.EU/picture-gallery
Don't play with fire, but play with Wild Chilli's