maaliskuu 29, 2024, 07:03:45 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

90w Led Trial

Aloittaja cdamarco, lokakuu 22, 2009, 19:06:02 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

cdamarco

lokakuu 22, 2009, 19:06:02 ip Viimeisin muokkaus: marraskuu 02, 2009, 20:43:40 ip käyttäjältä cdamarco
Well, I was gonna wait to post my results until I had a few weeks of growth but I'm too excited, so I'll post results daily.

In this trial I have 2 bhut jolokia sprouts and an adult naga jolokia(excuse the puny size, I am an amateur, I know, and this naga has been growing in a cramped pot in a poorly lit spot with no fertilizer).
The 2 bhut jolokias were grown together from and separated(rather brutally  :-[ )
The smaller bhut was grown under a 15 watt red blue led(just a test), it grew a little, but not much. The bigger bhut was grown by a sunny, south facing window. Keep this in mind when looking at the results as the smaller bhut grows quicker as it was acclimated to the red blue light before this trial and therefore better adapted to red blue led's than the bigger bhut.

The light I am using is a 90 watt, 7:1:1 red blue orange light, 630 nm, 460 nm, 600 nm

cdamarco

Umm "error upload file full, contact administrator" :(

Janne

www.vastahanka.fi - erilainen ruokablogi

cdamarco

lokakuu 25, 2009, 06:11:50 ap #3 Viimeisin muokkaus: lokakuu 25, 2009, 06:18:27 ap käyttäjältä cdamarco
start (bhut jolokia that had been acclimated first)

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Spent weeks struggling to stay alive, no new growth, and in just 4 days already on a second pair of new leaves :)
note the difference in appearance of the new leaves from the older leaves in the last photo

cdamarco

start(unacclimated bhut jolokia)

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

seems being unacclimated to the change in light spectra is a shock to the plant, all the unhealthy old decaying leaves have fallen off, but it still seems to be hanging on and I hope to see an explosion of healthy new leaves to replace them within the next week :)

cdamarco

Well the unacclimate bhut kinda sorta died as the hangars holding the led light broke and the ufo smashed it. Now it is just a stem, and until it grows new leaves I will just post pics of the other bhut, and here they are :)
Day 5:

Day 6:

Day 7:

Day 8:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Day 11:

Day 12:

cdamarco

tammikuu 23, 2010, 19:36:48 ip #6 Viimeisin muokkaus: tammikuu 23, 2010, 19:51:21 ip käyttäjältä cdamarco
results after 2 months  :)

my naga has also produced loads of flowers under this light so the 630 nm red does produce flowers :)

samsagas

nice!
where did you bought that lamp??
and how much?