huhtikuu 18, 2024, 05:57:13 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

New user with a little problem.

Aloittaja Kiske, elokuu 19, 2012, 19:03:52 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

Kiske

Hi, I'm a new swede here (with 75% finnish genes) and have grown chili for about a year.
I got 21 plants of 6 different kinds of chili at the moment, in various ages, brought up froom seeds and cuttings.

One of my Crest plants is getting some kind of stuff on the undersides of the leaves. It looks like like salt and is more white than what it looks like in the picture. 
After a while the attacked leaves start to curl. I guess it's some kind of fungus.

The unaffected leaves looks good and the plant is bearing a good amount of fruit so it doesn't seem to affect it that much. I pinch of the leaves when i find them.

Any guess what it is and what i should do?

Larski

Hi!

I'm guessing that to be oedema. I think it's more of an esthetic problem than a real danger to the plant's health. The plant is receiving too much nutrients. Watering it with just plain water for the next couple of times might help.

Kiske

Oh thanks! I didn't think of that.
I guess it's pretty sensitive to nutrients, i'm only using half of the recommended dosage.

Kiske

Thanks, it worked! The plant slowly is getting better but i now have another problem.

One of my Georgia Flame plants has started to show some spots, mostly on the stems and some on the leafs. It's not mites but it's spreading pretty fast.

Chilivaari

They might be thrips, but I'm not sure. They mostly eat leaves.
Here are some of my photos of the damage they do on leaves.

Kiske

I don't think so. I cant see anything living on the plant and i have looked throughly. :(

unenkuva

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Kiske - lokakuu 31, 2012, 13:17:50 ip
I don't think so. I cant see anything living on the plant and i have looked throughly. :(

Can those be thrips shit?

Kiske

unenkuva

Thats reason why i asked, if you cant see any movement.