toukokuu 13, 2024, 13:09:31 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Help identify this bug

Aloittaja horsebones, tammikuu 14, 2012, 01:40:30 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

horsebones

These have been a nuisance for a while now...

Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/228727/publicImages/pests.jpg
(I guess they are the same bug just at different growth stages. The crawlies jump if you poke them.)

I didn't mind them out on the balcony, but now I have my plants inside for the winter, there are loads of the flies around my apartment bugging the **** out of me.
They crawlies seem to like the soil the most. I'm not sure if that leaf pic is their work, but in general the chillie leaves are healthy.

Can anyone identify them?

I've heard diluted Mänty-Saippua sprayed on the plants and soil is good at pest control. Can anyone verify this for chillies?

Thanks.
Currently growing...
Habanero | Inca Red Drop | Rocoto

Tiemuh

Spray them dead with insecticide. And then keep upper moisture dry then new ones don't appear.

miemsl

horsebones

Looking at pictures of the Fungus gnats, they seem to go from a white lava to a flyer. Does this mean those crawlers at the bottom of the picture are something else?
Currently growing...
Habanero | Inca Red Drop | Rocoto

Mayloa

Lainaus käyttäjältä: horsebones - tammikuu 14, 2012, 12:02:09 ip
Looking at pictures of the Fungus gnats, they seem to go from a white lava to a flyer. Does this mean those crawlers at the bottom of the picture are something else?

A wild guess would be that it might be a stage in between larvae and flying. I'm afraid i have no household tricks for those bugs, although i hear that nematodes are effective for commercial growers :)