huhtikuu 18, 2024, 13:10:45 ip

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Pepper-King

Aloittaja Lalitha, tammikuu 18, 2007, 18:31:48 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

Lalitha

Hallo Chiliheads
we would like to thank you for the many orders we received in the past months from Finland.
In order to offer the best possible service to your country, we packed the goods right after receiving the
order and shipped it first without waiting for the payment. But we are sorry to tell you, that there had
been some people who just used our good intention and nature and did not even think about paying
their bill. Even after contacting them, we receive not even an answer. Lately, a package was sent back  to us
because the customer refused to collect the parcel and thus, aditional costs was charged by DHL for the retour.
We discussed about these problems and came to a conclusion that from now on, we must handle the orders from Finland as with all other orders: payment first and then the
shipment. We are indeed very sorry about that, but we hope you understand our situation.
Within short we are going to offer payment through credit card which will speed up the dispatch when you choose that payment.
We hope that you enjoyed the little extras which we added to your orders, as to the self made sauces and marmelades.
To all of you, we wish you still a happy new year.
Lalitha and the Pepper-King Team.
Everyday is a Chili Day!

Sauli Särkkä

Damn, that sucks :(

Oh well, your service has made many, many people here very happy, so a few day's wait shouldn't be a huge problem - I hope.

BTW, any thoughts about the Finnish Chili Association's Chili Festival 2007 next summer/fall? (Willkommen zum Chilifest 2007.. ;))

-Sale
Sauli Särkkä

tknummelin

Well, we're just equal to all others now, so I just can't get angry about this. Though, your service is excellent and not available anywhere else.

Could you reveal the names of these time-wasting, special confidence -breaking bastards?

Lalitha

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying, as I was in Berlin handling a fair which is from 19th till the 28th of January. My husband is still there as I'm back to manage the office. Thank you very much for the soothing words. We appreaciate it very very much for your concern. It's such a lousy situation for us too. Unfortunately, we can't reveal the names of your fellow countryman as this is not our policy to make things bad. We must look at the bright side of life and handle problem as it comes. Anyway, we will give our very best for a good service to you all.  Through credit card payment, hope that it would be better.
As for the Chili Festival 2007, we need the exact date to plan our trip to you. We hope that the dates does not collides with the fairs which we are participating in Germany. It would be a great pleasure to meet all of you personally. It's been always fun to send parcels to Finland as we know that you guys appreciate it. So, take care.

Thats all for now . Till next time :)

Lalitha

*PS   Have you started sowing chili seeds? We've not started yet!
Shit! no time. Must do it soon. All the best.
Everyday is a Chili Day!

tknummelin

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Lalitha"
As for the Chili Festival 2007, we need the exact date to plan our trip to you. We hope that the dates does not collides with the fairs which we are participating in Germany.

It will be the 25th of August.

Lainaus
*PS   Have you started sowing chili seeds? We've not started yet!
Shit! no time. Must do it soon. All the best.

Every single one of them sown already :) I guess it'll be only a month maximum and everyone else has also sown their's. Gotta start early with our "summer".

Aji Inferno

Lalitha, it's *very* disappointing to hear that people here have misused your trust! It may be someone having made an order when drunk or something, and then regretted afterwards... But whatever the reason, cheating honest people like you should never, ever be acceptable! It's against all our principles here at Inferno! :evil:

I understand that you can't tell the names of your customers - but what we can do here is to tell the community what has happened. Then every person who's involved, can feel his or her own shame...

But life will go on and I, too, think that a couple of extra days for good service is more than an acceptable deal for everyone. I also think that it would be great if you could bring some of your products to our Summer Festival Sauli and already Tknummelin already mentioned. I would be very surprised if you couldn't sell just about everything you have during that event! :-)

Best of chili year 2007!

Lalitha

Thank you very much for your concern.
I'm indeed very impressed with your attitude towards this problem. We have no other choice as to accept the fact that criminal is everywhere and you've got to watch out for it. The risk is always there if we send certain parcel withourt payment and the other way round as the client send payment without goods. It was base on trusting each other.In spite of these problems, I have deep respect to the Finnisch people. We will give our very best to keep up the good service even with obstacles. These unhonest customers shouldn't spoil our good intentions.
I appreaciate it very much that you want to tell your community about what has happened. Maybe, this action might help us further.
On the other hand, consideration is there that these culprits may not be from Inferno (I hope so).
As I've mentioned to Sauli and Tknummelin that my husband is away and I would let you know as soon as posible regarding Chili Festival. Please give me more infomation about this festival, as to how many are expected to come, whereabout of this event and so on (just to get a picture of it). Hope to manage everything under a roof. Will inform you soon.
Take care. Hope to see you then.

Lalitha
Everyday is a Chili Day!

Tupakka

About the Chili Festival...

The date indeed as tknummelin already mentioned is really 25th August. It will be held in the city of Tampere, roughly 200km north(or slighly north-west) from the capital Helsinki. As I know at this moment the more precise location is Pyynikki, in some park there.

Last time when we had a national Chili Meeting in Vaasa, the amount of people was about 10 to 20. As I am not one of the people arranging the meeting I don't have the current expectation of people coming. Anyway, I still believe we will have loads more people in this time because of the new Finnish Chili Association and the advertisement arranged by it.

Tknummelin lives in Tampere and probably knows the most about Tampere. In example hotels, driving routes, exact locations of places and other details. Ask him if you need more information.

Willkommen in das Fest! (Is that correct?)
Joo.

tknummelin

Gotta correct that a bit, since we couldn't settle up to Pyynikki. If the city of Tampere won't turn us down, the place will be Eteläpuisto, a park just a walking distance away from the downtown.

I think that one hundred to one hundred and fifty visitors is not badly upscale. If the weather is fine, it could be more. And we should also consider the random by-passers, they might get interested as they see what is going on.

Hotels have we plenty*). And if not anyone else, atleast I can provide room for two or three passengers. If I'd say that my house is in the edge of the town, you would get a wrong picture. Since in this case "in the edge of the town" means just 9-10 km from the centre, though Tampere is the biggest continental city in Scandinavia.

Are you guys, in case you're coming, are you travelling with your own car or by plane? If I don't remember it wrong, some airline had a direct connection from Frankfurt (am Mein) to Tampere. Transportating your products in the airplane would get a bit 'funky', I think.

*) = Doesn't anyone else, except for me, find the word order in German very funny?  :lol:

JartsaP

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "tknummelin"Tampere is the biggest continental city in Scandinavia.

Tampere is not in Scandinavia.  :wink:

tknummelin

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "JartsaP"
Lainaus käyttäjältä: "tknummelin"Tampere is the biggest continental city in Scandinavia.

Ok, maybe I should say that Tampere is the biggest city near Tampere?  :lol:

Macc

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "tknummelin"
Lainaus käyttäjältä: "JartsaP"

Ok, maybe I should say that Tampere is the biggest city near Tampere?  :lol:

Is Tampere really a city?  :wink:

HotPasi

Tknummelin, i have always thought that the word order in German language is for the least odd, not exactly funny though..  :lol:  I've got huge problems in twisting my mind to a suitable position when i am forming a sentence in German... But is it only in my mind that i find one Finnish accent to be similar to German in what comes to word order... Have you ever talked with a person who originates form Kainuu...?
Osta aina halvinta, se tulee pitkän päälle kalliiksi ja vain kallis on laadukasta...