joulukuu 09, 2019, 07:54:56 ap

Uutiset:

Tervehdys, kaksi samaan aikaan sattunutta teknistä muutosta / ongelmaa summa aiheutti vajaan viikon katkon foorumille. Nyt palvelinohjelmisto on jouduttu päivittämään uuteen ja sekä ulkoasu että toiminnallisuus on muuttunut. Toivotttavasti ei ainakaan kovin paljoa huonompaan suuntaan. Odottamattomia ongelmiakin saattaa ilmaantua.

Annums as Bonchi

Aloittaja ronniedeb, marraskuu 28, 2011, 16:07:33 ip

« edellinen - seuraava »

ronniedeb

Hi there.
I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of making bonchi with capsicum annums. If so what varieties? I am trying my hand at Cayenne and Cheyenne. Am I wasting my time?

Thanks
R.de B

Macex

Lainaus käyttäjältä: ronniedeb - marraskuu 28, 2011, 16:07:33 ip
Hi there.
I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of making bonchi with capsicum annums. If so what varieties? I am trying my hand at Cayenne and Cheyenne. Am I wasting my time?

Thanks
R.de B
You shoyld try Bolivian Rainbows for Bonchi, they are easy and beautiful plant for Bonchi.

Hallituksen jäsen 2011-2012, 2012-2013
Tampereen alajaoston puuhamies -2011-2012-2013-
Kuiva ja Naseva.

ronniedeb

Thanks Macex. I'm chiefly using bonchi to overwinter some plants. Are Bolivian rainbow a tasty plant, or are they just ornamental? Maybe for next year. This year I have just made bonchi from the Cheyenne and Cayenne and some Dorset Naga.

Thanks

Macex

Lainaus käyttäjältä: ronniedeb - marraskuu 29, 2011, 13:29:52 ip
Thanks Macex. I'm chiefly using bonchi to overwinter some plants. Are Bolivian rainbow a tasty plant, or are they just ornamental? Maybe for next year. This year I have just made bonchi from the Cheyenne and Cayenne and some Dorset Naga.

Thanks
Bolivia is just an ornamental chili, not so good taste.

Heres a picture of Fataliis Bonchi Bolivian Rainbow

Read more about here http://fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=105

Hallituksen jäsen 2011-2012, 2012-2013
Tampereen alajaoston puuhamies -2011-2012-2013-
Kuiva ja Naseva.

ronniedeb

Thanks Macex. Very beautiful plant. I'm gonna concentrate on trying to overwinter some tasty plants each year I think, although they may never be as beautiful as this plant. I'll let you know if they survive. Thanks.

exa

There are lots of beautiful annuums that are suitable for a bonchis. For instance Short Yellow Tabasco, various bird eye chilis, NuMex varieties, Medusa et cetera. I think pretty much every annuum (or a representative of other species for that matter) with both small leaves and peppers are suitable. I'm planning to give Medusa (c. annuum) a go next season.

Klikkaa kuvaa ja lue kasvatuksistani!

Edymnion

I'm currently growing a NuMex Halloween for a bonchi, although I'm not sure if it'll ever be one now.

The pods looked like miniature upright bell peppers (but still black and orange), and when I tasted one they had no heat.  I contacted NMSU CPI about it, they said it was unlike anything they had seen before, and it must be a mutant.

Needless to say, with a cool one of a kind sweet ornamental pepper, I'm going to pimp it for seeds and see if I can grow out a stable strain.  Who knows though, part of making a bonchi is pruning, and pruning does help keep disease at bay, increases vigor, and gives me plenty of cuttings to try and root...