maaliskuu 28, 2024, 10:38:46 ap

Uutiset:

Iloista kasvatuskautta !!

Hot Recipes

Aloittaja Blaise, maaliskuu 17, 2009, 11:51:50 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

Blaise

maaliskuu 17, 2009, 11:51:50 ap Viimeisin muokkaus: maaliskuu 18, 2009, 12:05:31 ip käyttäjältä Blaise
Hi Folks

Just thought I would stop by and share a couple of my latest recipes with you all. Jukka did mention to call by the forum, so I thought it only fair to do so. Not much for me to report on the growing front at the moment, so I thought some culinary stuff would fit the bill... ;D

Great site Jukka!!

Hot regards

Blaise

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaise's Hot Pika Pepper

1 large jar
5 Medium onions
1 Teaspoon of salt
2 large cloves of garlic
2 Habanero's (1 red and 1 yellow)
1 Green Thai Chilli or similar
White spirit vinegar to fill the jar

Method:

Take a large bowl and add the ingredients as follows.

Chop the onions into quarters and then slice each quarter thinly. Cut the Habanero's in half and de seed. Slice them thinly and add with the onions to the bowl. Take the Thai chilli and slice into small rings and add to the bowl. Peel the garlic and either slice thinly or crush the preference is entirely yours. I prefer to slice it thinly for a better visual effect. Add this also to the bowl.

When you have all the ingredients in the bowl it's time to sprinkle in the salt, and I use my hands to mingle all the ingredients. Once you have mixed them all together I transfer the mix to a jar and pack it in. Ensure that you fill the jar completely and then pour over the vinegar to the top of the jar. Allow it to settle for a moment and top up again and seal the jar.

Place the jar in your fridge, and leave it for a few days to allow the flavours to develop if you can resist. This is great with cold meats and cheeses, but to be honest it's another one that you can use however your imagination allows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaise's Blazing Hot Habanero Pickle

20 Large fresh Habanero's
1 Medium to large onion
1 Head of garlic
1 Cup of vinegar
2 Cups of rice oil (or substitute mild flavourless oil)
2 Rounded desert spoons of all purpose seasoning

Note: Cup (American Measurement)

Method:

Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor (ideal), and blend to a fine texture. Once a fine texture is achieved, transfer the ingredients to a Pyrex bowl and microwave on full power for around 15 minutes. Check the mixture during this period to see how it is progressing, stirring occasionally. Adjust the finished product with rice oil as necessary.

Once cooked, the pickle can now be transferred straight into prepared jars. Fill to the top allowing a small gap, and seal. Store in a cool dark cupboard and allow maturing for a few days for the flavours to infuse.

This is a great all rounder in the seasoning department. Use it with whatever comes to mind, it's so versatile. One of my favourite ways to use it is to spread it on a Tortilla wrap and fill with roast pork and some fresh onion, just delicious!
You will have to find your own way with the amount to use. Everyone has different tolerance levels, and you will find yours in due course. Needless to say, try a little of this special pickle first, as it's darn hot!

von Riena

Habanero pickle sounds delicious, gotta take a try.

Thanks Blaise! :P

Blaise

Sure thing...hope you enjoy it Von

Regards

Blaise

von Riena

I also have a delicious recipe for teriyaki-style habanero marinade. Especially works with beef & salmon. I'll post it right when i get back home.

Blaise

Cool...

I will look forward to reading the recipe Von...Sounds interesting!

Cheers

Blaise