Aspirin Water, Does it work, what are your thoughts?

Aloittaja JungleRain, tammikuu 09, 2010, 04:46:00 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

Michael

Thanks for interesting links and good reading. It seems pretty complicated to understand how it works. I am more
interested when they are using aspirin water. I did not get a clear picture of it.

Miksaa

Translated from finnish research: plant molecular genetics

"For example, to understand how plant identify the pathogen's presence and react to this by activating a large number of
defense genes whose activity leads to plant resistance against the coming of the new infection. This whole plant induced resistance may be a way to compare animal immuno response.

One important signal for plant defense gene activation is a salicylic acid (Aspirin), which dealt with plants capable of fighting various diseases.

For example, the development of transgenic greater variety of enviromental stress factors, such as pests, diseases, drought or cold weather,
resistant varieties could well be a dramatic increase yield and secondly to use cultivation of marginal countries, which is not currently possible to exploit. Now, a large part of the plant yield potential was never realized em stress factors."

So, I would like to know how it affects the plant, if you give aspirin from the seedlings until harvest? Would that better immunity shift in to the next generation?
And how to take advantage of this to create genetic changes of cold resistance?? Would be great to take the plants out in early spring, here in Nortern Europe... :D

Quite interesting topic...
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville
"Puhdas kapsaisiini saattaa olla huonoa vatsalle." :D

Michael

toukokuu 05, 2010, 18:14:00 ip #3 Viimeisin muokkaus: toukokuu 06, 2010, 16:11:03 ip käyttäjältä Michael
I added some info regarding the aspirin water questions. I am not sure how good info it is for you. But it is on my chiliblog. It is a complicated issue for sure.

http://michaelsalemssonchili.blogspot.com/