Pikniktapaaminen Helsingissä kesällä?

Aloittaja Lumia, toukokuu 30, 2007, 11:25:49 ap

« edellinen - seuraava »

Lumia

Tupakka

Thank you, Tommi, Lumia and Luca, it was a great meeting once again!

Especially thanks to Luca for the Neyde and a few other varieties of seeds! Also thanks to Tommi for the ride.
Joo.

Aji Inferno

Yes, big thanks, guys for a very nice chili evening! :-)

These events rock! ;)

T.

luca

Yes, thanks to you all! It was great to meet you and have a very nice hot and hot (sunny) afternoon!

I'm already feeling some of the "Possible Side Effects" :cry:
Thanks Tommi for the huge load of capsaicin I got today :lol:
Chile Forum in Portuguese:
http://www.pimentas.org/forum

Tupakka

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "luca"
I'm already feeling some of the "Possible Side Effects" :cry:
Thanks Tommi for the huge load of capsaicin I got today :lol:

I just came from the bathroom and my ass is on fire. I can't even imagine how you will feel after a trip to the toilet.
Joo.

luca

Yeah! I've been there too those were the side-effects I was talking about ;) OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!

luca

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Aji Inferno"...
- Rocopica c.cardenasii (ripe & raw)

BTW, Tommi, those pods you brought were Rocopicas, right? I wrote Ulupica instead of Rocopica, but since we were talking about them being a cross or not, I guess they were Rocopicas as you wrote earlier.  Is that right?

Aji Inferno

Yes, Luca - the "official" term is Ulupica (used in native Bolivia of peppers of this sort).  Many people here do, however, prefer the hobbyist-made nickname "Rocopica" because they see this plant as a normal crossing, not a wild or even semiwild plant. The truth is out there somewhere, as they say. ;-)

Perhaps term "Large-berried Ulupica" might be proper, because there is no possible way we can tell which of these are ad-hoc crossings and which ones are natural, established semi-wild or even wild forms... Both types certainly exist.

Btw: good luck with your "OUCH!" side-effects! ;-) Pain is good, they say... Just always wonder who the heck those "they" are!  :twisted:

Tupakka

Ok.. this got me very confused.

When we first met in Helsinki, in the Ani restaurant, I got some Ulupica-pods from you(Tommi).

So, now I'm wondering if these are pure cardenasii or are they rocoto crossings? In my seedlist I have them under C. cardenasii. Should I change that?
Joo.

Aji Inferno

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Tupakka"Ok.. this got me very confused.

When we first met in Helsinki, in the Ani restaurant, I got some Ulupica-pods from you(Tommi).

So, now I'm wondering if these are pure cardenasii or are they rocoto crossings? In my seedlist I have them under C. cardenasii. Should I change that?

Don't rush with conclusions! ;)  Some people think they're merely crossings, some think they are genuine, big-fruit forms of c.cardenasii/eximium. For example, USDA lists one of these "Rocopicas" as a c.cardenasii. So, we can all believe whatever we want to, because nobody knows for sure!

Still, I believe (not certain!) that the two Ulupicas I have are not just crossings, but more established, more or less wild forms. For example, the brown (not black) seeds and other traits hint at that.

If you name your seeds as "Rocopica", you may be wrong. Also, if you list them as "c.cardenasii" some people will tell you you're wrong... But if you list them as "big-berry type Ulupica", then you're right. :)  It's a chaos out there - a species c.cardenasii doesn't even exist according to perhaps the greatest chili researcher, A.T.Hunziker...

Tupakka

Well.. I opened the dry pods I got from you and the seeds are... black. Maybe SLIGHTLY brownish but certainly not like the seeds in example in annuums and baccatums(yellowish brown).

So, with:
LainausStill, I believe (not certain!) that the two Ulupicas I have are not just crossings, but more established, more or less wild forms. For example, the brown (not black) seeds and other traits hint at that.

did you mean that the seeds would be almost black, but brownish or did you mean they would be like annuums' or baccatums' seeds are?
Joo.

Lumia

Aji Inferno

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Tupakka"Well.. I opened the dry pods I got from you and the seeds are... black. Maybe SLIGHTLY brownish but certainly not like the seeds in example in annuums and baccatums(yellowish brown).

So, with:
LainausStill, I believe (not certain!) that the two Ulupicas I have are not just crossings, but more established, more or less wild forms. For example, the brown (not black) seeds and other traits hint at that.

did you mean that the seeds would be almost black, but brownish or did you mean they would be like annuums' or baccatums' seeds are?

I just opened two berries and the seeds are medium brown... Like wood. Darker than annuums or baccatums but definitely brown, not black by any imagination... Interesting.  :shock:

Tupakka

Yeah.. that is just what I ment. So.. we now have three differently colored seeds.. does this mean anything?
Joo.

Aji Inferno

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Tupakka"Yeah.. that is just what I ment. So.. we now have three differently colored seeds.. does this mean anything?

Nothing to lose sleep for. ;)  We know that those Ulupicas are the "big berry" form, whatever the origins might be. They are not pure c.eximiums and it's currently unclear if c.cardenasii even exists... So, we have to live with knowledge that this Ulupica-form is most likely a crossing, but we don't know how old and established one it is. Or whether it is a natural crossing or not. It's a great plant, anyway! :)

luca

Nike

That`s quite a "MacGyver- knife" in the last pic! That`s something like 60 blades? :D
Mummoni viljelyohje:"Juuret tulevat multaan."

Tupakka

So maybe it would be safest to list that Ulupica under C.sp...

And a surprisingly good photo of me this time. They tend to usually fail.
Joo.

Aji Inferno

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Tupakka"So maybe it would be safest to list that Ulupica under C.sp...

It's not capsicum sp. That would mean an unknown species. This one is known. It is basically a c.eximium x c.pubescens. Whether a natural crossing or man-made, that is unknown...

Tupakka

Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Aji Inferno"
Lainaus käyttäjältä: "Tupakka"So maybe it would be safest to list that Ulupica under C.sp...

It's not capsicum sp. That would mean an unknown species. This one is known. It is basically a c.eximium x c.pubescens. Whether a natural crossing or man-made, that is unknown...

Ok.. I think I got it now. So it CERTAINLY is a crossing? And I should use c.eximium instead of cardenasii?
Joo.